Why you are here....

Since I've suffered with migraines for over 30 yrs, I thought I'd try chiropractic therapy and chonicle my progress. I hope it gives someone else an solution whether this treatment is right for you. Gives a whole different meaning to "step on a crack, break your mother's back".

Friday, March 4, 2011

6th adjustment

Well, today was interesting.... I had a slight achiness in my lower back when I walked in. Dr V found a spot in my middle of my back that he adjusted, and also lifted up the section of the table and dropped it a few times. I rolled on my side and he did the usual cracking there...(lay on my right side, lower leg straight, upper leg bent slightly-of which he tends to lean against-, and pulls my right arm "up" so I'm leaning more on my upper right shoulder than on my side or my back). At this point, he twists/pushes down on my left hip. On my back, he took my temp on both sides of my neck and popped my head/neck to the right. None of this hurts, just sounds hurtful. (Think of it as cracking your knuckles). When I left, my lower back wasn't hurting and ... although my upper shoulder usually feels tender, today I didn't feel the usual soreness.

What I'm noticing now is what my body is saying to me. No, I'm not getting crazy (no more than usual), but I'm 'hearing' it better. I did feel twinges for several seconds/minutes at times today, but it really can't be counted on from the session, because Lee (hubby) & I took a day trip to Brattleboro, VT. I drove and it's a long time to be in the car in one position, so the achiness taht I felt after at times, was more from a cramped position of driving, and not stretching as often as I'd have liked. I'll see how it feels over the weekend.

One patient that was there today (getting an adjustment) was a police officer, Bernie (?)... I thought it was interesting that Dr V could 'feel' his spine through his Kevlar vest (he was in uniform). When I mentioned that it was 'amazing' that he could feel through the vest, Bernie said "They ARE amazing!". Good testimony, but I know I still need to see it for myself.

One thing that's occurring to me.... Tomorrow, we are supposed to get rain, all the way into Sunday. On a normal basis, I'd get a migraine from the air pressure of a storm approaching. That should be happening today. But, no migraine. Nothing. That's good. Coincidence? Does it happen every storm? No, so I'm taking it in and processing it ,such as it is. That's all. It's like I'm an observer. That's a good thing....

Another thing... I wish Dr V (or Dr S, when I have him) would spend more than 5 minutes (sometimes less) for our adjustment sessions. I'm paying (technically) $50 per session, so don't you think they should give me my $50 worth? That would mean these two doctors make over $500 per hour!!  I think I should at least get treated for 15 mins. My medical doctor doesn't even make that much money per hour for what he's seeing me for. This is probably the only thing I'm disturbed about. Someone should explain how that could be....

No comments:

Post a Comment