Why you are here....

Since I've suffered with migraines for over 30 yrs, I thought I'd try chiropractic therapy and chonicle my progress. I hope it gives someone else an solution whether this treatment is right for you. Gives a whole different meaning to "step on a crack, break your mother's back".

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Well, I'll be....

It started out a sucky day. And REAL early! I woke up at 3:17-ish AM, with a headache. Dull, but there.

I got out of bed as quietly as I could, so not to wake up Lee, used the bathroom, took one Excedrin Migraine, drank a full glass of water and sucked on an icecube (it helps fight nausea) as I walked up the stairs to bed. I didn't fall asleep (I HATE that) and realized it was now 4:24am ... but must have fallen back to sleep, because I woke up and it was 7:55. I am usually at work at 8-8:30am. I called work to let them know I would be in late, hoping to get rid of my migraine. I wasn't at the stage of throwing up (I usually am at that stage with my migraines), but I felt like it might happen.


I came downstairs and made a cup of tea... had a small bowl of cereal with milk (it stayed down. That's a good sign). I laid down for a little while, watching the weather/news station (with the volume on #6-low), putting pressure on different areas of my head/face. This is my usual remedy, not that it WORKS every time. I finally shut off the tv, knowing it was gonna rain most all day and tried to sleep on the couch. Didn't work.

As I lay there, I remembered something that Dr. V said to me the last time I went in after having a violent migraine (Ash Wednesday 2011).
"Why didn't you call us?"
My response was, "How can I come in to see you guys, when I'm puking! I certainly can't drive and throw up at the same time and be safe!!"
"I would have come to you..."
10am:
Okay, that's what they say, huh? Then I'm calling (I usually get sick if I have to speak, but I wasn't at that stage yet, so I made the phone call to their office). They said to come in early or they are open 3pm-6pm later. I said I was coming in NOW. "ok!" They aren't so far from the house, so I was there in less than 5 mins.

Dr S worked on me, after hearing how I was feeling. He adjusted me back, used a device (hand-held) to trigger some pounding into my back muscles, then had me get up into a chair, took my neck temp on each side (I was 2 degrees off) and adjusted my neck. He sent me off with his usual request to "drink lots of water today" (I do). Off to work I decided to go, since I was already out of the house. (If I get sick at work I can always come home).
While speaking to my immediate boss (and the person who referred me to this office), I realized in the middle of a sentence... "I don't have a headache anymore!..."

How wonderful....(am I really becoming a 'believer'?)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah you! So glad that you found someone after all these years of suffering! hugs

    ReplyDelete