Why you are here....

Since I've suffered with migraines for over 30 yrs, I thought I'd try chiropractic therapy and chonicle my progress. I hope it gives someone else an solution whether this treatment is right for you. Gives a whole different meaning to "step on a crack, break your mother's back".

Friday, June 17, 2011

Miracle in the works....

Okay, I'm not sure how this will work or IF this will work, but I'm watching this with my mouth WIDE OPEN and a teary face...

Let me backtrack.
There was a talk at the chiropractic office (these happen regularly and are for free, bring a guest, whatever...), entitled "How to Live to be 101" (they changed it to read 120!).My boss Carol and I went (she also goes to get adjustments there and at the end, they give you a sheet of paper asking you to give a referral. I always think of the same person, but never put her name down. Never. Why, you ask? Because I know how hard it was for ME to afford this route. This young person struggles to pay the three bills she has, car payment, car ins and cell phone. She is on assistance (food stamps & unemployment) and sometimes gets phone calls regarding her car payment (will it get repo-ed?). She needs those three bills paid, as she has a 5 yr old that needs to get to school (not on our school route by the house). She also has numerous phsical ailments and is depressed (wouldn't you be in her shoes?).

I mentioned that I couldn't recommend the person I know who would benefit the most from this and Dr V asked about her. When I explained her situation, he said two words. "Financial Hardship".

He said if she'd be willing to talk to him, he'd like to see if they can help, "pushing finances aside". Really?
I started to cry... "if you could do something for her..."

Well, she agreed to go and talk to them, because SHE'S tired of being on medications that don't seem to help and the threat of surgery for one thing or another. She had an exray and scan and will see them today to see how it looks. ...(please God, help them help her)...

No comments:

Post a Comment