Why you are here....

Since I've suffered with migraines for over 30 yrs, I thought I'd try chiropractic therapy and chonicle my progress. I hope it gives someone else an solution whether this treatment is right for you. Gives a whole different meaning to "step on a crack, break your mother's back".

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Knee issues corrected

I haven't been in to see "the boys', as I call them, in a while. Probably since the end of April. Part of the reason is because I have had my layoff (of 4 wks) extended until Sept. Wayyyy too long. So the money is not there. They would say that is no excuse, but I want to pay my way as I go.

That being said, Dr V did a 'talk' at a class I'm taking with the local police dept. and I realized I couldn't put it off any longer. Not that anything was bothering me, except my knees. After injuring my right knee during an outdoors zumba class years ago, and doing therapy for it, it still crunches (holding my hand on my knee) when I bend and straighten it, I can feel it.

Today I went over to the facility and before Dr V did any adjustments, I had him put him hand on my knee and feel it crunch. He said something about my ligament possibly being damaged, and had me lie down. After doing the adjustments he felt I needed, he did some additional ones for my rght knee. Had me bend my knees and put my feet on the bed (I was laying on my back). He bent my lower leg to the left holding my knee and thigh under his arm. He also pulled on my leg (hyperextended it). Whatever he did, it stopped hurting like it was. Not to say there is no ache there, but hardly any at all. Before this, every step was painful.

Unfortunately, it gave me a slight  sinus headache, so after all my errands, I came home and took one Excedrin Migraine. (sorry Dr V. I have to be well enough to go to my graduating class tonight, and the smell of the chili I'm bringing wasn't settling correct in my stomach). Was nice to see my teacher (officer) of my class show up for his adjustmnt as I was leaving. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment